All reviews, posts, thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog and my social media channels are my own and are not that of my employer. My reviews are honest and transparent, and I always welcome conversation if you do not share the same views, however, I do not tolerate aggression, whether it be in a public or private forum.
I’m in a fortunate position that I not only get to breathe in books every day, but I also get them sent to me for review! I’ll always disclose where I get a book from [BOUGHT, GIFTED], as well as the source [PUBLISHER, NETGALLEY] in the first couple of sentences of the post. On social media, I refer to the individual business’s guidelines, which may look something like:
Thanks for the free/gifted book, @PutnamBooks
#sponsored or #ad and tagged @PutnamBooks
Review posts that are not book-related will be treated in the same manner, and always disclosed if sponsored. I currently do not use affiliate links of any kind.
I am currently open to sponsored posts and collaborations with brands and businesses. Shoot me an email!
Please note that I am only accepting review requests from publishers.
I read widely, and my main areas of interest lie predominantly now in Adult Fiction, however I still do read and enjoy Young Adult. My preferred genres are:
- Crime & thriller fiction | Think Jane Harper’sThe Dry, Alex Michaelides’ The Silent Patient and Karen Hamilton’s The Perfect Girlfriend
- Women’s fiction & Chick-Lit | Think Lindsey Kelk’s Always A Bridesmaid,The Shark Club by Ann Taylor Kidd, Lucy Vine’s What Fresh Hell and Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
- Historical fiction | Think The Woolgrower’s Companion by Joy Rhoades and The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
- Historical Romance | Think names like Tessa Dare, Anna Bennett, Christy Caldwell, Anna Bradley, Lisa Kleypas, Sophie Jordan and Julia Quinn
- Contemporary Romance | Think names like Julie James, Lauren Layne, Ainslie Paton, C.J. Duggan,
- YA Fantasy | Think The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski and Sweet Black Wavesby Kristina Perez
My reviews are posted two to three weeks either side of the book’s release date, unless otherwise agreed upon. Reviews are posted to Goodreads, and where necessary other retailers such as Amazon Australia, Dymocks, and Booktopia. Posts are shared across all social channels – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
Print copies are preferred, however I utilize Netgalley and Edelweiss for digital-only copies.
If you have any further questions about any of the information above, please contact me at whathannahreadnext (at) gmail (dot) com.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Updated as of June 2019